- What's Happening
- Hotels & Travel
- In The Exhibit Hall
- General Info
- Making Your Case To Attend
The 2014 ALA Annual Poster Sessions will be held at the ALA Annual Conference at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
This year, the ALA poster sessions will occur on:
- Saturday: 10:30 am - 12:00 pm, 12:30-2:00 pm, and 2:30-4:00 pm
- Sunday: 10:30 am - 12:00 pm, 12:30-2:00 pm, and 2:30-4:00 pm
- There will be no poster sessions on Monday.
- Poster session proposals have been extended and will be due by January 31, 2014.
- After a double-blind peer review process, authors will be notified if their proposal has been accepted in March, 2014.
- How to submit a poster session
- General tips for submitting proposals
- Information for poster session presenters
- Poster sessions FAQ
- Go to the Poster Session Submission Site
Poster sessions were introduced to the American Library Association at its 1982 Annual Conference in Philadelphia. They are an effective forum for the exchange of information and a means to communicate ideas, research, and programs.
Poster sessions may present any of the following:
- a description of an innovative library program
- an analysis of a practical problem-solving effort
- a report of a research study
Poster sessions are not for product advertisements, vendor displays, etc. If you are unsure if your proposal qualifies, please email Melanie Griffin, Chair of the poster sessions at email@example.com.
Poster session participants place materials such as pictures, data, graphs, diagrams and narrative text on boards that are usually 4' x 8' (dimensions vary slightly by Convention Center). During their assigned time periods, participants informally discuss their presentations with conference attendees.